My commitment to your privacy
I respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information I hold about you. I am committed to protecting your privacy when you visit this website or contact me in any way. I will deal with your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1993 and in accordance with this policy.
Your personal information – collection
If you engage my services, you will need to provide some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your residential or postal address.
- Your bank account details.
- Proof of your identity e.g. passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of your address e.g. utility bill.
- Collectively, I refer to this information as your “personal information”
The purpose of collecting your personal information is to provide you with legal advice and representation. Providing the information is voluntary. However, without the information, I will not be able to comply with my obligations under the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act (Lawyers: Conduct and Client Care Rules) 2008. Further, I will not be able to assist you.
You have the right to access your personal information. You also have the right to correct any personal information held by me.
I will only hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary to do so.
Using your personal information
I collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with barristerial and dispute resolution services.
- Communicate with you.
- Forward you communications from third parties.
- Comply with any requirements under the Anti Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 including carrying out customer due diligence.
Using and Disclosing your personal information
I will not use or disclose your personal information unless the use and disclosure is connected directly or indirectly with one of the purposes for collecting your personal information or you give express consent regarding the intended use or disclosure of your personal information.
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz.